By default, alarms aimed to monitor client backup infrastructures are assigned to all companies and locations. If you do not want to check alarm conditions for a specific company or location, you can exclude this company or location from the alarm assignment scope. As a result, the alarm will never be triggered for the excluded company or location, even if the alarm conditions are met.
To perform this task, a user must have one of the following roles assigned: Service Provider Global Administrator, Service Provider Administrator.
Changing Alarm Assignment Scope
To change the assignment scope for one or more alarms:
- Log in to Veeam Service Provider Console.
For details, see Accessing Veeam Service Provider Console.
- At the top right corner of the Veeam Service Provider Console window, click Configuration.
- In the configuration menu on the left, click Notifications.
- Open the Alarms Management tab.
- Select one or more alarms in the list.
- At the top of the list, click Assign.
- In the Assign Alarm window, clear check boxes next to companies and locations that must be excluded from the alarm assignment scope.
- Clear the All new companies check box if all new companies you register for a reseller in future must be excluded from the alarm assignment scope.
- Clear the All new locations check box if all new locations you create in future must be excluded from the alarm assignment scope.
- Click Apply.
After you exclude a company or location from the alarm assignment scope, you can check the excluded objects. To do so, find the necessary alarm in the list and click the Review link in the Exclusions column. In the Assign Alarm window, you can check and modify the alarm assignment scope if required.