If you need a custom alarm, you can create a copy of an existing alarm and modify its settings and assignment scope.
To perform this task, a user must have one of the following roles assigned: Service Provider Global Administrator, Service Provider Administrator.
To create an alarm copy:
- Log in to Veeam Service Provider Console.
For details, see Accessing Veeam Service Provider Console.
- At the top right corner of the Veeam Service Provider Console window, click Configuration.
- In the configuration menu on the left, click Notifications.
- Open the Alarms Management tab.
- To narrow down the list of alarms, you can apply the following filters:
- Alarm — search alarms by name.
- Alarm type — limit the list of the alarms by type (Predefined, Custom).
- Category — limit the list of the alarms by alarm object category (Management agent, Veeam Agent, Company, Internal, Discovery rule, Reseller, Veeam Backup & Replication (including public cloud backup), Veeam ONE, Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365).
- Select the necessary alarm in the list.
- At the top of the list, click Copy.
Alternatively, you can right-click the necessary alarm and choose Copy.
- In the Copy Alarm window, change the name of an alarm copy.
- Click Apply.
- Modify alarm settings as described in Modifying Alarm Settings.
- If necessary, change the alarm assignment scope as described in Changing Alarm Assignment Scope.
- If necessary, select the alarm and at the top of the list click Enable to enable the alarm.
Alternatively, you can right-click the created alarm and choose Enable.