To configure Veeam backup agent job settings on one or more managed computers, you can assign a saved backup policy to these computers. You can assign any backup policy, including predefined policies, policies created by your company users, and policies created by the Portal Administrator.
Backup policies created by Company Owner, Company Administrators and Location Administrators in the Client Portal can be assigned only to this particular Company. If you want to assign such policies to other companies, you can copy them as described in section Copying Backup Policies.
To perform this task, a user must have one of the following roles assigned: Service Provider Global Administrator, Service Provider Administrator, Service Provider Operator.
Assigning Backup Policies
To assign a backup policy to one or more managed computers:
- Log in to Veeam Service Provider Console.
For details, see Accessing Veeam Service Provider Console.
- Do one of the following:
- [For Service Provider Global Administrator, Service Provider Administrator] In the menu on the left, click Discovery.
- [For Service Provider Operator] In the menu on the left, click Managed Computers.
- Open the Discovered Backup Agents tab.
- Select the necessary computers in the list.
- At the top of the list, click the Assign link.
- In the Backup Policies window, select the necessary policy and click Assign.
- Check the status of the policy assignment in the Backup Policy column.
If the policy was assigned successfully, the Name column will display the policy name. If there was a problem assigning the policy, the column will display the Failed to apply error message. Click the message to review possible causes.
Other Ways to Assign Backup Policies
You can also assign backup policies:
- As part of the discovery process, in the discovery rule settings.
For details, see Step 2. Perform Discovery of Client Computers.
- As part of Veeam backup agent installation process.
For details, see Step 3. Initiate Installation Procedure.