You can uninstall Veeam backup agents on client computers. During the uninstall procedure, both Veeam backup agents and Veeam Availability Console management agents are removed from client machines. After you uninstall Veeam backup agents, the number of used and total licenses in the Veeam Availability Console license pool will be updated.
If a managed computer runs Veeam Backup & Replication or Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager together with Veeam backup agent, a Veeam Availability Console management agent is not removed as part of the uninstall procedure.
To perform this task, a user must have one of the following roles assigned: Service Provider Global Administrator, Service Provider Administrator, Service Provider Operator.
Uninstalling Veeam Backup Agents
To uninstall Veeam backup agents from one or more client computers:
- Log in to Veeam Availability Console.
For details, see Accessing Veeam Availability Console.
- Do one of the following:
- [For Service Provider Global Administrator, Service Provider Administrator] In the menu on the left, click Discovery.
- [For Service Provider Operator] In the menu on the left, click Managed Computers.
- Open the Discovered Backup Agents tab.
- Select the necessary Veeam backup agents in the list.
- At the top of the list, click Backup Agent and choose Delete.
- In the displayed window, click Yes to confirm removal.