Configuring Backup Reports
Before you run a backup report, you must create and save a report configuration. A report configuration stores custom report settings, such as the scope of the report, scheduling settings and so on. You can create multiple report configurations with different report settings for different companies and locations.
Report configuration can be defined in the Veeam Service Provider Console Administrator Portal, Reseller Portal and Client Portal. Report configurations created by the Administrator Portal or Reseller Portal users for a company are available to this company in the Client Portal. Conversely, report configurations created in the Client Portal can be managed by the Administrator Portal or Reseller Portal users. For details on working with report configuration in the Client Portal, see Veeam Service Provider Console Guide for End Users.
To perform this task, a user must have one of the following roles assigned: Service Provider Global Administrator, Service Provider Administrator, Service Provider Operator.
Configuring Backup Reports
To create a report configuration:
- Log in to Veeam Service Provider Console.
For details, see Accessing Veeam Service Provider Console.
- In the menu on the left, click Reports.
- Open the Configurations tab.
- At the top of the list, click New.
Veeam Service Provider Console will launch the New Report wizard.
- At the Report Template step of the wizard, select the report type:
- Protected Computers — choose this option to create a report that will analyze computer data protection with Veeam backup agents.
- Protected VMs — choose this option to create a report that will analyze VM data protection with Veeam Backup & Replication.
- Protected File Shares — choose this option to create a report that will analyze file share data protection with Veeam Backup & Replication.
- At the Name step of the wizard, specify the report name and description.
The report name and description will be displayed in reports generated based on this report configuration.
- At the Companies step of the wizard, select one or more companies for which you want to create the report configuration. Use the search field at the top to find the necessary company.
By choosing a company you define the scope of the report: only computers, VMs or file shares that belong to the chosen company will appear in the report.
If you select more than one company at this step, Veeam Service Provider Console will create a separate report configuration for each selected company.
- At the Locations step of the wizard, select one or more company locations. Use the search field at the top to find the necessary location.
By choosing a location you can limit the scope of the report: only computers, VMs or file shares that belong to the chosen locations will appear in the report.
- At the Parameters step of the wizard, specify report settings:
- [For Protected Computers, Protected VMs reports] In the Select RPO section, specify a period for which protected computers or VMs must have backup or replica restore points.
RPO defines a period between backup sessions, or, in other words, a period for which you can afford to lose data. For example, if protected computers must have daily backups, specify 1 day or 24 hours as the RPO value.
- [For Protected Computers report] In the Select operation mode list, choose what type of OSes must be analyzed in the report (All, Servers, Workstations).
- [For Protected VMs report] In the Select job type list, choose what type of Veeam Backup & Replication jobs must be analyzed in the report (All, Backup, Replication, Backup Copy, Backup to Tape).
- [For Protected Computers, Protected VMs reports] In the Exclusion mask (names) field, specify a mask for excluding computers or VMs from the report scope.
The mask will be evaluated against the computer or VM names. You can use the ‘*’ (asterisk) and ‘?’ (question mark) wildcards in the mask. The ‘*’ (asterisk) character stands for zero or more characters. The ‘?’ (question mark) stands for a single character. For example, if you want to exclude from the report VM replicas with default names created with Veeam Backup & Replication, you can specify a mask with the ‘*_replica’ name query.
You can specify more than one mask in the field. Separate multiple masks with commas.
- [For Protected Computers report] In the Group by list, choose how data must be grouped in the report (by Agent or Backup Policy).
- [For Protected File Shares report] In the Select backup type list, choose what type of backup retention must be analyzed in the report (All, Primary Backup, Archive).
- At the Schedule step of the wizard, specify a schedule according to which the report must be generated:
- If you do not want to generate the report automatically, leave the No schedule option selected.
- To generate the report automatically, in accordance with a specific schedule, select the Daily at option and specify at what time and on which days the report must be generated.
- At the Summary step of the wizard, review the report configuration and click Finish.