Configuring Backup Job Settings for Individual Computers
Instead of assigning backup policies, you can configure Veeam backup agent job settings for individual managed computers.
Before You Begin
Before you configure a backup job, check prerequisites:
To perform this task, a user must have one of the following roles assigned: Service Provider Global Administrator, Service Provider Administrator, Service Provider Operator.
Configuring Backup Job Settings
To configure Veeam backup agent job settings:
- Log in to Veeam Service Provider Console.
For details, see Accessing Veeam Service Provider Console.
- In the menu on the left, click Backup Jobs.
- Open the Computers tab.
- Do one of the following:
- Choose the necessary computers in the list and click Create Job at the top of the list.
- Choose the necessary computer in the list and click a link in the Successful Jobs or Running Jobs column. In the Agent Jobs window, click Create Job.
- At the Create Job step of the New Backup Job wizard, select one of the following options:
- Create a new job
Select this option to create a job configuration from scratch. Configure Veeam backup agent job settings as described in Configuring Backup Policies.
- Use a job template
Select this option to use an existing policy as a template for job configuration. At the Backup Policies step of the wizard, select a backup policy on which the backup job will be based. Veeam Service Provider Console will assign the policy to the selected managed computers.
When you create backup job configuration from scratch, some configuration steps may differ from steps available for backup policies. For example, at the Cloud Repository step, you can choose a specific cloud repository as a backup target. In backup policy settings, this possibility is not available.