To establish secure data communications between the backup appliance and web browsers running on user workstations, Veeam Backup for Public Clouds appliances use Transport Layer Security (TLS) certificates.
When you install Veeam Backup for Public Clouds appliance, it automatically generates a default self-signed certificate. For you to be able to manage the appliance with Veeam Service Provider Console and access appliance web portal, your service provider must verify the appliance certificate.
To submit access request to your service provider:
- Log in to Veeam Service Provider Console.
For details, see Accessing Veeam Service Provider Console.
- At the top right corner of the Veeam Service Provider Console window, click Configuration.
- In the configuration menu on the left, click Plugin Library.
- Click the Veeam Backup for Public Clouds plugin tile.
- In the menu on the left, click Appliances.
To show only appliances with unverified certificates, click Filter, in the Remote UI access section select Disabled, and click Apply.
- Select the necessary appliance in the list.
- At the top of the list, click Request Appliance UI Access.
- In the information window, click OK.
Your service provider will receive a notification asking to verify selected appliance.
After your service provider verifies the appliance, the value in the Remote UI Access column will change to Enabled.