Each Veeam backup agent that is managed in Veeam Service Provider Console consumes a number of quotas from the Veeam Service Provider Console quota pool. The license status of a managed Veeam backup agent is set to Licensed.
When Veeam backup agent becomes unmanaged, quotas are revoked from this Veeam backup agent, and returned to the Veeam Service Provider Console quota pool. For example, this happens when you switch Veeam backup agent to the Unmanaged mode (Free mode). For details, see Switching Veeam Backup Agents to Unmanaged Mode.
You can also manually revoke quotas from one or more Veeam backup agents. When quotas are revoked, a Veeam Service Provider Console management agent is removed from a managed computer, and Veeam backup agent is switched to the Unmanaged mode (Free mode).
If a managed computer runs Veeam Backup & Replication or Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager together with Veeam backup agent, Veeam Service Provider Console management agent is not removed.
To revoke Veeam backup agent quotas:
- Log in to Veeam Service Provider Console as a Service Provider Global Administrator or Service Provider Administrator.
For details, see Accessing Veeam Service Provider Console.
- At the top right corner of the Veeam Service Provider Console window, click Configuration.
- In the menu on the left, click Quota and License Usage.
- Open the Backup Agents tab.
- Select the necessary Veeam backup agents in the list.
- At the top of the list, click Revoke License Key.
- In the displayed window, click Yes to confirm the operation.