Revoking Veeam Backup Agent Licenses
Each Veeam backup agent that is managed in Veeam Service Provider Console consumes a number of quotas from the Veeam Service Provider Console quota pool. The license status of a managed Veeam backup agent is set to Licensed.
When Veeam backup agent becomes unmanaged, quotas are revoked from this Veeam backup agent, and returned to the Veeam Service Provider Console quota pool. For example, this happens when you switch Veeam backup agent to the Unmanaged mode (Free mode). For details, see Switching Veeam Backup Agents to Unmanaged Mode.
You can also manually revoke quotas from one or more Veeam backup agents. When quotas are revoked, a Veeam Service Provider Console management agent is removed from a managed computer, and Veeam backup agent is switched to the Unmanaged mode (Free mode).
If a managed computer runs Veeam Backup & Replication or Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager together with Veeam backup agent, Veeam Service Provider Console management agent is not removed.
To revoke Veeam backup agent quotas:
- Log in to Veeam Service Provider Console.
For details, see Accessing Veeam Service Provider Console.
- At the top right corner of the Veeam Service Provider Console window, click Configuration.
- In the menu on the left, click Quota and License Usage.
- Open the Veeam Agents tab.
- Select the necessary Veeam backup agents in the list.
To narrow down the list of Veeam backup agents, you can use the following filters:
- Company — search Veeam backup agents by company name.
- Hostname — search Veeam backup agents by host name.
- Guest OS — limit the list of Veeam backup agents by OS type (Windows, Linux, macOS).
- License status — limit the list of Veeam backup agents by license status (Licensed, New, Unlicensed).
- Operation mode — limit the list of Veeam backup agents by operation mode (Server, Workstation).
- Platform — limit the list of Veeam backup agents by platform type (Physical, Virtual, Cloud).
- Connection status — limit the list of Veeam backup agents by connection status (Online, Offline).
- At the top of the list, click Revoke License Key.
- In the displayed window, click Yes to confirm the operation.