Step 14. Specify Advanced Job Settings
In the Advanced Settings window, specify advanced settings for the backup job.
You can access the Advanced Settings window from the following steps of the wizard:
- Local Storage — if you have chosen to store backups in the local storage.
- Shared Folder — if you have chosen to store backups in a shared folder.
- Backup Repository — if you have chosen to store backups on a Veeam Backup & Replication repository.
- Cloud Repository — if you have chosen to store backups in the Veeam Cloud Connect repository.
If you want to periodically create active full backups, on the Backup tab of the Advanced Settings window, select the Create active full backups periodically check box. Use the Monthly on or Weekly on selected days options to define scheduling settings.
For details on active full backup, see section Active Full Backup of the Veeam Agent for Mac User Guide.
The Maintenance tab is available if you have selected the Veeam backup repository or Veeam Cloud Connect repository option at the Destination step of the wizard.
In the Full backup file maintenance section, specify the number of days for which you want to keep the backup created with the backup job in the target location. If Veeam Agent for Mac does not create new restore points for the backup, the backup will remain in the target location for the period that you have specified. When this period is over, the backup will be removed from the target location.
By default, the retention period for old backups is 30 days. Do not set this retention period to 1 day or a similar short interval. In the opposite case, the backup job may work not as expected and remove data that you still require.
On the Storage tab of the Advanced Settings window, specify storage settings for the backup job:
- In the Compression level list, select a compression level for the backup: None, Dedupe-friendly, Optimal, High or Extreme.
- In the Storage optimization section, select what type of backup target you plan to use: Local target (16 TB + backup files), Local target, LAN target or WAN target.
Depending on the chosen storage type, Veeam backup agent will use data blocks of different size to optimize the size of backup files and job performance.
- If you want to encrypt the content of backup files, in the Encryption section, specify encryption settings for the backup job:
- Select the Enable backup file encryption check box.
- In the Password field, type a password that you want to use for encryption.
- In the Hint field, type a hint for the password.
In case you lose the password, the specified hint will help you to remember the lost password.
For details on encryption, see section Data Encryption of the Veeam Agent for Mac User Guide.