Creating License Keys
You can create license keys assigned to contracts from VCSP Pulse.
When you create a license key, plugin creates a license template for VCSP Pulse. While a license key is not assigned, the VCSP Pulse contract will not be charged for workloads included in this license key. Note that you can create only license keys with Single-Customer Usage usage type. It is recommended to assign one license key to one company.
Creating License Keys
To create new license keys:
- Log in to Veeam Service Provider Console.
Log in as a user that has privileges to access the Veeam Service Provider Console plugin library. For details, see Required Privileges.
- At the top right corner of the Veeam Service Provider Console window, click Configuration.
- In the configuration menu on the left, click Plugin Library.
- Click the VCSP Pulse plugin tile.
- In the menu on the left, click License Keys.
- At the top of the list, click New License.
Veeam Service Provider Console will launch the New License Key wizard.
- At the License Info step of the wizard, specify the following settings:
- In the Contract list, select the necessary VCSP Pulse contract.
- In the Product list, select product for which you want to create a license key (Veeam Backup Agents, Veeam Backup & Replication Enterprise, Veeam Backup & Replication Enterprise Plus, Veeam Backup & Replication Standard, Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365, Veeam Cloud Connect, Veeam ONE).
- In the Expiration date field, specify license expiration date.
If you want to extend the license automatically, set the Automatic extension toggle to On. Note that if you have selected a No Commit contract in the Contract list, the toggle will be set to On automatically and the Expiration date field will be inactive. For details on VCSP licensing agreements, see section Licensing Terms of the Veeam Rental Licensing and Usage Reporting Reference Guide.
- In the Description field, specify license key description.
- At the Workloads step of the wizard, specify workloads that will be included in the license:
- At the top of the list, click Add.
- In the Add Workload window, specify workload type and the number of workloads you want to add.
The list of available workloads will depend on the selected product.
If your Service Provider has assigned a points quota for your managed licenses, make sure that the sum of points for all selected workloads does not exceed the assigned quota. If you have exceeded the quota, the Available points field in the lower right corner of the wizard will be highlighted red.
- Click OK.
- Repeat steps a–c for all workloads you want to add.
- At the Summary step of the wizard, review license key settings and click Finish.
If the created license key includes non-integral number of points, VCSP Pulse will round up the number of points automatically.