In some cases, you might need to reboot client computers that run Veeam Availability Console management agents. The most often cases when you need to perform computer reboot are:
- Installation of Veeam backup agents: if a pending computer reboot is detected during Veeam backup agent installation, you must reboot a computer to complete the installation process.
- Installation of the CBT Driver: after you install the CBT driver, you must reboot a client computer.
To perform this task, a user must have one of the following roles assigned: Service Provider Global Administrator, Service Provider Administrator, Service Provider Operator.
Rebooting Remote Computers
To send a command to Veeam Availability Console management agents to initiate reboot of remote client computers:
- Log in to Veeam Availability Console.
For details, see Accessing Veeam Availability Console.
- Do one of the following:
- [For Service Provider Global Administrator, Service Provider Administrator] In the menu on the left, click Discovery.
- [For Service Provider Operator] In the menu on the left, click Managed Computers.
- Open the Discovered Computers tab.
- Select the necessary computers in the list.
- At the top of the list, click Management Agent and choose Reboot Remote Computer.
- In the displayed window, click Yes to confirm computer reboot.