The Local Storage step of the wizard is available if at the Destination step you have chosen to save the backup on a local drive of the computer.
Specify local storage settings:
- In the Destination target field, specify a path to the folder where backup files must be stored.
If the folder does not exist, Veeam backup agent will create it during backup.
Do not specify the root drive directory, like C:\ or D:\.
- Specify backup retention policy settings:
- [For Workstation operation mode] In the Keep backups for the past <N> days when computer was running field, specify the number of days for which you want to store backup files in the target location. By default, Veeam backup agent keeps backup files for 14 days. After this period is over, Veeam backup agent will remove the earliest restore points from the backup chain.
For details, see Backup Retention Policy in Free and Workstation Editions.
- [For Server operation mode] In the Restore points to keep on disk field, specify the number of restore points you want to keep in the target location. By default, Veeam backup agent keeps 14 latest restore points. After this number is exceeded, Veeam backup agent will remove the earliest restore points from the backup chain.
For details, see Backup Retention Policy in Server Edition.
- Click Advanced Settings to specify advanced settings for the backup job.
For details, see Specify Advanced Job Settings.