Instead of creating a new backup policy from scratch, you can create a copy of an existing backup policy and modify its settings. This can be useful if you need to create a set of similar backup policies with only a few settings that differ.
To perform this task, a user must have one of the following roles assigned: Service Provider Global Administrator, Service Provider Administrator.
Copying Backup Policies
To create a copy of a backup policy:
- Log in to Veeam Availability Console.
For details, see Accessing Veeam Availability Console.
- At the top right corner of the Veeam Availability Console window, click Configuration.
- In the configuration menu on the left, click Backup Policies.
- Select the necessary policy in the list.
To find a backup policy, you can use the following controls:
- Use the search field to find a backup policy by name.
- Use the Type filter to show backup policies for workstations or servers only.
- Use the Policy Type filter to show only predefined backup policies and policies created by the provider, policies created by reseller users in the Reseller Portal or policies created in the Client Portal.
- Use the Policy Access Type filter to show only public or private policies.
- At the top of the list, click Copy.
- Modify the necessary policy settings as described in Creating Backup Policies.
- Save changes.