Installing Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365
This installation scenario allows you to install Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 along with Veeam Explorers on a physical or virtual Windows-based machine. After completing the installation process, this machine will perform the role of the Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 server.
The wizard deploys the following components of Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365:
- Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 Service
Coordinates all operations performed by the product, adds and manages other backup infrastructure components as well as controls global settings for the backup infrastructure.
- Veeam Backup Proxy for Microsoft 365 Service
Manages backup proxy servers and backup repositories.
- Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 REST API Service
Processes REST API commands. This service is disabled by default and can be enabled. For more information, see REST API Settings.
Restore Portal is deployed along with REST API on the same machine. Restore Portal is a web-based solution for self-service restore of backed-up data. Restore Portal uses REST API to communicate with the Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 server. For more information, see Data Restore Using Restore Portal.
- Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 Console
Provides an interface that allows users to interact with the Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 server and backup infrastructure components.
- Veeam Explorers
Set of instruments that comes as part of Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 and allows you to restore or export your data from backups.
To install Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 along with Veeam Explorers, do the following:
- Download the Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 installation package.
- Open the Veeam.Backup365.iso file and run the Veeam.Setup.exe file.
- On the splash screen, click Install.
- Click Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365.
- At the License Agreement step, click the links to read the following documents: End User Software License Agreement, Licensing policy and 3rd party software notices and information. To accept the license agreements and continue installing Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365, click I Accept.
- At the System Configuration Check step, wait until the wizard checks the system configuration to find the potential installation problems. If the wizard detects problems, you will be prompted to fix the issues to continue the installation.
If problems are not detected, the System Configuration Check step will be skipped.
- At the Data Location step, specify the installation folder.
By default, all Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 components are installed to the C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup365 folder. To install to a different location, click Browse and specify a folder.
Veeam Explorers are installed to the C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and Replication\Explorers folder. Keep in mind that you cannot specify a different location for Veeam Explorers.
- Click Install.
- Wait for the installation process to complete and click Finish to exit the wizard.