If you use a Rental license for Veeam Service Provider Console, you must submit a license usage report to Veeam every month. The license usage report reflects the maximum number of workloads that were managed in Veeam Service Provider Console within the previous calendar month.
The license usage report is required for license update. By comparing the number of managed workloads in the monthly report, Veeam can make a decision on whether to allow license update. If the monthly usage report does not deviate from the highest watermark value significantly, the license will be updated.
How License Usage Reporting Works
On the first day of the new month, Veeam Service Provider Console generates a single license usage report based on the maximum number of managed Veeam backup agents for the previous month. For Veeam Backup & Replication version 9.5 Update 4 or later, Veeam Service Provider Console also collects the number of workloads stored in the cloud and managed workloads for separate companies.
Veeam Service Provider Console informs you about the generated report with a notification that is displayed when you access Veeam Service Provider Console as a Portal Administrator. You can review the report in Veeam Service Provider Console, adjust it if necessary, approve and send it to Veeam. For details, see How to Submit License Usage Report.
If you do not want to adjust and approve license usage data manually, you can instruct Veeam Service Provider Console to approve and send reports automatically as soon as license usage data is collected. For details, see Enabling Automatic Report Approval.
To enable automatic report approval:
- Log in to Veeam Service Provider Console.
For details, see Accessing Veeam Service Provider Console.
- At the top right corner of the Veeam Service Provider Console window, click Configuration.
- In the menu on the left, click Licensing.
- Navigate to the Usage Reports tab
- At the top of the page, set the Automatic Report Approval toggle to On.
If you turn on Automatic Report Approval in the Administrator Portal, Veeam Service Provider Console will propagate this setting to all managed resellers.
To submit a license usage report, perform the following steps:
- Open License Usage Report
- Adjust and Approve Cloud Services Report
- Adjust and Approve Managed Services Report
- Submit Report to Veeam
Other Ways to Submit License Usage Reports
If you and your clients use Veeam Backup & Replication version 9.5 Update 3 or earlier, in addition to Veeam Service Provider Console license usage reports, you might also need to submit license usage reports for Veeam Cloud Connect and Veeam Backup & Replication.
- You need to submit a license usage report for Veeam Cloud Connect if you use a paid Veeam Cloud Connect license whose licensing terms prescribe submitting license usage reports.
- You need to submit a license usage report for Veeam Backup & Replication if you manage Veeam Backup & Replication for a client, and use a Veeam Backup & Replication license whose licensing terms prescribe submitting license usage reports.
For details on submitting license usage reports in the Veeam Backup & Replication console, see section License Usage Reporting of the Veeam Cloud Connect Administrator Guide.