Each Veeam backup agent that is managed in Veeam Availability Console consumes one or more licenses from the Veeam Availability Console license pool. The license status of a managed Veeam backup agent is set to Licensed.
When Veeam backup agent becomes unmanaged, licenses are revoked from this Veeam backup agent, and returned to the Veeam Availability Console license pool. For example, this happens when you switch Veeam backup agent to the Unmanaged mode (Free mode). For details, see Switching Veeam Backup Agents to Unmanaged Mode.
You can also manually revoke licenses from one or more Veeam backup agents. When licenses are revoked, a Veeam Availability Console management agent is removed from a managed computer, and Veeam backup agent is switched to the Unmanaged mode (Free mode).
If a managed computer runs Veeam Backup & Replication or Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager together with Veeam backup agent, Veeam Availability Console management agent is not removed.
To revoke Veeam backup agent licenses.
- Log in to Veeam Availability Console as a Portal Administrator.
For details, see Accessing Veeam Availability Console.
- At the top right corner of the Veeam Availability Console window, click Configuration.
- In the menu on the left, click Licensing.
- Open the Backup Agents tab.
- Select the necessary Veeam backup agents in the list.
- At the top of the list, click Revoke License Key.
- In the displayed window, click Yes to confirm the operation.