You can remove any saved backup policies, including predefined policies, policies that you created, and policies created by Company Owner and Location Administrators in the Client Portal and reseller users in the Reseller Portal.
To remove a backup policy:
- Log in to Veeam Service Provider Console as a Portal Administrator or Site Administrator.
For details, see Accessing Veeam Service Provider Console.
- At the top right corner of the Veeam Service Provider Console window, click Configuration.
- In the configuration menu on the left, click Backup Policies.
- Select the necessary policy in the list.
To find a backup policy, you can use the following controls:
- Use the search field to find a backup policy by name.
- Use the Type filter to show backup policies for workstations or servers only.
- Use the Policy Type filter to show only predefined backup policies, policies created by the provider, policies created by reseller users in the Reseller Portal or policies created in the Client Portal.
- Use the Policy Access Type filter to show only public or private policies.
- At the top of the policies list, click Remove.
- In the Delete Policy window, do one of the following:
- If the backup policy is not assigned to any Veeam backup agents, click Yes to confirm removal.
- If the backup policy is assigned to one or more Veeam backup agents:
- To remove the backup policy and all Veeam backup agent jobs configured according to this policy, click Yes.
- To remove the backup policy but leave on Veeam backup agents job configurations associated with this policy, click No.
For Veeam backup agents from which the backup policy is removed, the policy type will change to Custom.