Before You Begin
Before you configure a backup policy, check the following prerequisites:
- The target location where you plan to store backup files must have enough free space.
- Available backup job options depend on the Veeam backup agent operation mode. For details, see section Product Editions of the Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows User Guide.
- The number of jobs that you can assign to a Veeam backup agent depends on the product edition. For details on the limitation of the number of jobs, see section Backup Job of the Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows User Guide.
- [For Veeam Backup & Replication repository targets] If you plan to use a Veeam Backup & Replication repository as a target for backups, you must pre-configure user access permissions on this backup repository. For details, see section Setting Up User Permissions on Backup Repositories of the Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows User Guide.
Backup has the following limitations:
- You cannot save the backup of entire computer on the local computer disk. Use an external hard drive or USB drive, network shared folder or backup repository as a target location.
- Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows does not back up data to which symbolic links are targeted. It only backs up the path information that the symbolic links contain. After restore, identical symbolic links are created in the restore destination.
- You cannot use Veeam Cloud Connect repository as a backup target location for hosted Veeam backup agents.
To perform this task, a user must have one of the following roles assigned: Portal Administrator, Site Administrator.