Rebooting Remote Computers
In some cases, you may need to reboot computers that run Veeam Service Provider Console management agents. The most often cases when you need to perform computer reboot are:
- Installation of Veeam backup agents: if a pending computer reboot is detected during Veeam backup agent installation, you must reboot a computer to complete the installation process.
- Installation of the CBT Driver: after you install the CBT driver, you must reboot a computer.
- Installation of Veeam Backup & Replication: if a pending computer reboot is detected during Veeam Backup & Replication installation, you must reboot a computer to complete the installation process.
To perform this task, a user must have one of the following roles assigned: Portal Administrator, Site Administrator, Portal Operator.
Rebooting Discovered Computers
To send a command to Veeam Service Provider Console management agents to initiate reboot of remote computers:
- Log in to Veeam Service Provider Console.
For details, see Accessing Veeam Service Provider Console.
- In the menu on the left, click Discovery.
- Open the Discovered Computers tab and navigate to Computers.
- Select the necessary computers in the list.
- At the top of the list, click Management Agent and choose Reboot Remote Computer.
Alternatively, you can right-click the necessary computer, choose Management Agent and select Reboot Remote Computer.
- In the displayed window, click Yes to confirm computer reboot.