Installing Veeam Cloud Connect License
When you deploy Veeam Service Provider Console, you must install a Veeam Cloud Connect license on the Veeam Cloud Connect server. This can be a free license that comes as part of the Veeam Service Provider Console license file, or a paid license that allows you to expose cloud host and cloud repository resources.
To install a license:
- Log in to Veeam Service Provider Console.
For details, see Accessing Veeam Service Provider Console.
- At the top right corner of the Veeam Service Provider Console window, click Configuration.
- In the menu on the left, click Licensing.
- On the Veeam Cloud Connect tab, select Veeam Cloud Connect servers on which you want to install license.
To narrow down the list of Veeam Cloud Connect servers, you can apply the following filters:
- Hostname — search the list of Veeam Cloud Connect servers by the name of the server.
- License Status — limit the list of Veeam Cloud Connect servers by status of the installed license (Valid, Warning, Error).
- Do one of the following:
- If you have configured integration with VCSP Pulse, at the top of the list, click Install and select the necessary option:
- To upload license file from your computer, select From local folder and browse to the license file.
- To install license key configured in VCSP Pulse, select From VCSP Pulse. In the Install License window, select the necessary license key and click Install.
For details on Veeam Service Provider Console integration with VCSP Pulse, see Integration with VCSP Pulse.
- If you have not configured integration with VCSP Pulse, click Install and browse to the license file.
After you choose the license file, Veeam Service Provider Console will display the the result of the license installation in the License Update Status column.
It is not recommended to install one VCSP Pulse license in multiple products. If you have selected a license key that is already installed in another product, Veeam Service Provider Console will ask you to copy the license key. If you do not want to copy the license key, you can download the license file and install it manually. Note that in license usage report Veeam Service Provider Console will add up points usage for all servers with the same license ID.
Installing License in Veeam Backup & Replication Console
You can install a license file directly in Veeam Backup & Replication. For details on installing a license using the Veeam Backup & Replication console, see section Installing License of the Veeam Cloud Connect Guide.