Applying Patches to Veeam Backup Agents
From time to time, you may obtain from Veeam Software patches aimed to fix known issues in the Veeam backup agent software. Applying patches on individual computers in the client infrastructure may take a lot of time and effort. To streamline this process, you can apply patches to a group of Veeam backup agents managed in Veeam Service Provider Console.
The procedure of applying patches to Veeam backup agents is performed with the help of management agents. The management agents obtain a patch file provided by the Administrator Portal user, upload this file to client computers within the patching scope, and initiate the patching process on these computers.
Before You Begin
Before you start the procedure of applying patches, make sure that:
- Client computers that run Veeam backup agents are powered on.
- Client computers are configured to allow upload of a Veeam backup agent patch file: the File and Printer Sharing (SMB-In) firewall rule must allow inbound traffic.
To perform this task, a user must have one of the following roles assigned: Portal Administrator, Site Administrator, Portal Operator.
To apply a patch to Veeam backup agents:
- Log in to Veeam Service Provider Console.
For details, see Accessing Veeam Service Provider Console.
- In the menu on the left, click Discovery.
- Open the Backup Agents tab.
- Select one or more Veeam backup agents in the list.
- At the top of the list, click Backup Agent and choose Patch.
- In the Windows Open dialog box, select a file with the patch, and click Open.