To configure Veeam backup agent job settings on one or more managed computers, you can assign a saved backup policy to these computers. You can assign any backup policy, including predefined policies, policies that you created, and policies created by Company Administrators in the Client Portal.
Backup policies created by Company Administrators in the Client Portal can be assigned only to this particular Company. If you want to assign such policies to other companies, you can copy them as described in section Copying Backup Policies.
To assign a backup policy to one or more managed computers:
- Log in to Veeam Availability Console as a Portal Administrator or Portal Operator.
For more details, see Accessing Veeam Availability Console.
- In the menu on the left, click Discovery.
- Open the Backup Agents tab.
- Select the necessary computers in the list.
- At the top of the list, click the Assign link.
- In the Backup Policies window, select the necessary policy and click Assign.
- Check the status of the policy assignment in the Backup Policy column.
If the policy was assigned successfully, this column will display the policy name. If there was a problem assigning the policy, click the link in the Backup Policy column to review possible causes.
Other Ways to Assign Backup Policies
You can also assign backup policies:
- As part of the discovery process, in the discovery rule settings.
For more details, see Step 2. Perform Discovery of Client Computers.
- As part of Veeam backup agent installation process.
For more details, see Step 3. Initiate Installation Procedure.