To configure Veeam backup agent job settings on one or more managed computers, you can assign one or more saved backup policies to these computers. You can assign any backup policy, including predefined policies, policies that you created, and policies created by Company Owner in the Client Portal.
To perform this task, a user must have one of the following roles assigned: Portal Administrator, Site Administrator, Portal Operator.
Backup policies created by Company Owners in the Client Portal can be assigned only to this particular Company. If you want to assign such policies to other companies, you can copy them as described in section Copying Backup Policies.
Assigning Backup Policies
To assign a backup policy to one or more managed computers:
- Log in to Veeam Service Provider Console.
For details, see Accessing Veeam Service Provider Console.
- In the menu on the left, click Discovery.
- Open the Discovered Backup Agents tab.
- Select the necessary computers in the list.
- At the top of the list, click the Assign link.
- In the Backup Policies window, select one or more policies and click Assign.
The number of jobs defined by backup policies that you can assign to a Veeam backup agent depends on the product edition. For details on the limitation of the number of jobs, see section Backup Job of the Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows User Guide.
- To check the status of the policy assignment, click the link in the Backup Policy column.
The Assigned Backup Policies window will open.
If the policy was assigned successfully, the Name column will display the policy name. If there was a problem assigning the policy, the column will display the Failed to apply error message. Click the message to review possible causes.
Other Ways to Assign Backup Policies
You can also assign backup policies:
- As part of the discovery process, in the discovery rule settings.
For details, see Step 2. Perform Discovery of Client Computers.
- As part of Veeam backup agent installation process.
For details, see Step 3. Initiate Installation Procedure.
- As part of automatic deployment process.
For details, see Configuring Auto Deployment Settings.