Step 15. Configure Backup Schedule
At the Schedule step of the wizard, select to run the backup job manually or schedule the job to run on a regular basis.
To specify the job schedule:
- Select the Run the job automatically check box.
If this check box is not selected, you will have to start the backup job manually to create backup.
- Define scheduling settings for the job:
- To run the job at specific time daily, on defined week days or with specific periodicity, select Daily at this time. Use the fields on the right to configure the necessary schedule.
- To run the job once a month on specific days, select Monthly at this time. Use the fields on the right to configure the necessary schedule.
- To run the job repeatedly throughout a day with a specific time interval, select Periodically every. In the field on the right, select the necessary time unit: Hours or Minutes.
A repeatedly run job always starts counting defined intervals from 12:00 AM. For example, if you configure to run a job with a 4-hour interval, the job will start at 12:00 AM, 4:00 AM, 8:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 4:00 PM and so on.
- In the Automatic retry section, define whether Veeam backup agent must attempt to run the backup job again if the job fails for some reason. Type the number of attempts to run the job and define time intervals between them.