You can modify settings of all saved backup policies, including predefined policies, policies that you created, and policies created by Company Owner and Location Administrators in the Client Portal and reseller users in the Reseller Portal.
To perform this task, a user must have one of the following roles assigned: Portal Administrator, Site Administrator.
Modifying Backup Policies
To modify settings of a backup policy:
- Log in to Veeam Service Provider Console.
For details, see Accessing Veeam Service Provider Console.
- At the top right corner of the Veeam Service Provider Console window, click Configuration.
- In the configuration menu on the left, click Backup Policies.
- Select the necessary policy in the list.
To find a backup policy, you can use the following controls:
- Use the search field to find a backup policy by name.
- Use the Type filter to show backup policies for workstations or servers only.
- Use the Policy Type filter to show only predefined backup policies, policies created by the provider, policies created by reseller users in the Reseller Portal or policies created in the Client Portal.
- Use the Policy Access Type filter to show only public or private policies.
- At the top of the policies list, click Edit.
- Modify backup policy settings as described in Creating Backup Policies.
- Save changes.
- If a backup policy is already assigned to one or more Veeam backup agents, the backup policy wizard will display a notification window prompting to apply changes to agents. Click OK to close the notification window, then click Propagate Changes.
If you do not apply the modified settings, you can do it later, as described in section Updating Backup Job Configuration.