To calculate the cost of backup services you provide to companies, use invoices. Invoices are documents that contain information about provided services, charge rates for these services according to a subscription plan assigned to a company, the cost of each service, and the total cost of consumed services.
In Veeam Availability Console, you can generate invoices and send them by email to companies. Invoices are sent as PDF files attached to billing notifications. To automate invoicing, you can configure a schedule according to which invoices will be generated and billing notifications will be sent.
Types of Invoices
Veeam Availability Console supports three types of invoice:
- Summary invoice provides information about consumed services and their cost.
- Detailed invoice provides information about consumed services and their cost. In addition, a detailed invoice provides information about services consumed by each company location on each day of a specified period.
- Quota usage report provides information about services consumed by each company location on each day of a specified period. A quota usage report does not include cost details.
You can choose what type of invoices you will generate for each managed company. For details on choosing an invoice type, and examples of available invoice types, see Choosing Invoice Type.
An invoice can have one of the following statuses:
- Unpaid — an invoice has not been paid, and the payment due date is not passed. This status is automatically applied to new invoices.
- Paid — an invoice has been marked as paid.
- Overdue — an invoice has not been paid, and the payment due date is passed.
- Usage Report — applied to quota usage reports.
You can mark invoices as paid and unpaid to track payments that clients already made, and payments due. For details, see Marking Invoices as Paid and Unpaid.
Getting Started with Invoices
To get started with invoices, keep to the following sequence of steps:
Customize the appearance of invoices and billing notifications.
Choose what type of invoices must be generated for each managed company.
Create a schedule according to which invoices must be generated and sent.
If you do not schedule invoices, you will need to generate and send them manually. For details, see Sending Invoices.
When a client pays an invoice, mark it as Paid.