Before you run a backup report, you must create and save a report configuration. A report configuration stores custom report settings, such as the scope of the report, scheduling settings and so on. You can create multiple report configurations with different report settings for different companies and locations.
Report configuration can be defined both in the Veeam Availability Console Administrator Portal and Client Portal. Report configurations created by the Administrator Portal users for a company are available to this company in the Client Portal. Conversely, report configurations created in the Client Portal can be managed by the Administrator Portal users. For information on working with report configuration in the Client Portal, see Veeam Availability Console User Guide for Service Providers.
To create a report configuration:
- Log in to Veeam Availability Console as a Portal Administrator or Portal Operator.
For details, see Accessing Veeam Availability Console.
- In the menu on the left, click Reports.
- Open the Report Configuration tab.
- At the top of the list, click New.
Veeam Availability Console will launch the New Report wizard.
- At the Report Template step of the wizard, select the report type:
- Protected Computers — choose this option to create a report that will analyze computer data protection with Veeam backup agents.
- Protected VMs — choose this option to create a report that will analyze VM data protection with Veeam Backup & Replication.
- At the Name step of the wizard, specify the report name and description.
The report name and description will be displayed in reports generated based on this report configuration.
- At the Companies step of the wizard, select one or more companies for which you want to create the report configuration. Use the search field at the top to find the necessary company.
By choosing a company you define the scope of the report: only computers or VMs that belong to the chosen company will appear in the report.
If you select more than one company at this step, Veeam Availability Console will create a separate report configuration for each selected company.
- At the Locations step of the wizard, select one or more company locations. Use the search field at the top to find the necessary location.
By choosing a location you can limit the scope of the report: only computers or VMs that belong to the chosen locations will appear in the report.
- At the Parameters step of the wizard, specify report settings:
- In the Select RPO section, specify a period for which protected computers or VMs must have backup or replica restore points.
RPO defines a period between backup sessions, or, in other words, a period for which you can afford to lose data. For example, if protected computers must have daily backups, specify 1 day or 24 hours as the RPO value.
- [For Protected Computers report] In the Select OS type list, choose what type of OSes must be analyzed in the report (All, Servers, Workstations).
- [For Protected VMs report] In the Select job type list, choose what type of Veeam Backup & Replication jobs must be analyzed in the report (All, Backup, Replication, Backup Copy, Backup to Tape).
- In the Exclusion mask names field, specify a mask for excluding computers or VMs from the report scope.
The mask will be evaluated against the computer or VM names. You can use the ‘*’ (asterisk) and ‘?’ (question mark) wildcards in the mask. The ‘*’ (asterisk) character stands for zero or more characters. The ‘?’ (question mark) stands for a single character. For example, if you want to exclude from the report VM replicas with default names created with Veeam Backup & Replication, you can specify a mask with the ‘*_replica’ name query.
You can specify more than one mask in the field. Separate multiple masks with commas.
- At the Schedule step of the wizard, specify a schedule according to which the report must be generated and sent to companies:
- If you do not want to generate the report automatically, leave the No schedule option selected.
- To generate and send the report to the company automatically, in accordance with a specific schedule, select the Periodically option and specify at what time and on which days the report must be generated and sent.
- At the Summary step of the wizard, review the report configuration and click Finish.