Before You Begin
Before you configure a backup policy, check the following prerequisites:
- The target location where you plan to store backup files must have enough free space.
- You must grant Veeam Agent for Mac permissions to access folders and files on the target computer. For details, see section Granting Full Disk Access of the Veeam Agent for Mac User Guide.
- [For Veeam Backup & Replication repository targets] You can store created backups in a backup repository only if the backup server runs Veeam Backup & Replication version 11 or later.
- [For Veeam Backup & Replication repository targets] If you plan to use a Veeam Backup & Replication repository as a target for backups, you must pre-configure user access permissions on this backup repository. For details, see section Setting Up User Permissions on Backup Repositories of the Veeam Agent for Mac User Guide.
- You cannot use Veeam Cloud Connect repository as a backup target location for hosted Veeam backup agents.
To perform this task, a user must have one of the following roles assigned: Portal Administrator, Site Administrator.