Veeam Availability Console requires a security certificate to establish a secure connection between the Veeam Availability Console server and management agents installed on managed Veeam Backup & Replication servers and computers running Veeam backup agents. By default, Veeam Availability Console server component uses the certificate specified in the Veeam Availability Console Setup wizard during installation.
Consider the following security recommendations:
To install a new certificate:
- Log in to Veeam Availability Console as a Portal Administrator.
For details, see Accessing Veeam Availability Console.
- At the top right corner of the Veeam Availability Console window, click Configuration.
- In the configuration menu on the left, click Security Certificate.
- At the top of the server list, click Install.
- In the Manage Certificate window, select one of the following options:
- Select certificate from the Certificate Store
With this option selected, you can choose a certificate from the Certificate Store of Veeam Availability Console server. At the Pick Certificate step, select a certificate that you want to install and click Next.
- Generate new certificate (not recommended)
With this option selected, you can generate a new self-signed certificate. At the Generate Certificate step, select a certificate that you want to install and click Next.
- Review the certificate settings and click Finish.