Step 12. Specify Backup Repository Settings
The Backup Repository step of the wizard is available if at the Destination step you have chosen to save backup files on a Veeam backup repository.
Specify settings for the target backup repository:
- In the Specify backup repository name field, type the name of a backup repository where you want to store created backups.
To store backups, you can use a simple backup repository or a scale-out backup repository.
- In the Connection account fields, specify a domain, user name and password of the account that has access permissions on the backup repository.
To view the specified password, click and hold the eye icon on the right of the Password field.
Permissions on the backup repository managed by the target Veeam backup server must be granted beforehand. For details, see section Setting Up User Permissions on Backup Repositories of the Veeam Agent for Linux User Guide.
- Specify backup retention policy settings:
- In the Restore points to keep on disk field, specify the number of restore points that you want to keep in the target location. By default, Veeam backup agent keeps the 7 latest backup files. When the number of restore points is exceeded, Veeam backup agent will remove the earliest restore points from the backup chain.
- To enable long-term retention policy, select the Keep some periodic full backups longer for archival purposes check box and click Configure.
In the Configure GFS window, specify how long you want to keep weekly, monthly and yearly full backups.
For details on GFS retention mechanism, see section Long-Term Retention Policy (GFS) of the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
- Click Advanced Settings to specify advanced settings for the backup job.
For details, see Specify Advanced Job Settings.