Apart from major version releases of Veeam Backup & Replication (e.g. 9.0, 9.5, 9.5 Update 4), Veeam Software provides cumulative updates (e.g. 9.5 Update 4a). Cumulative updates contain bug fixes, performance enhancements and introduce new features.
Before you install a cumulative update for Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4, check the following prerequisites:
- Make sure you have Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4 installed (RTM build number — 18.104.22.1689, or GA build number — 22.214.171.12415).
For information on how to upgrade from product versions 9.0 Update 2 or 9.5, see Upgrading to Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4.
- Disable all Veeam Backup & Replication jobs and finish all restore processes.
- Close Veeam Backup & Replication processes in the Task Manager.
To install the latest update for Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4, perform the following steps:
- Go to the Veeam Backup & Replication Download page.
- In the Latest Updates section, click Overview/Download.
You will be redirected to the Veeam KB article where you can download the update.
- In the More Information section of the Veeam KB article, click DOWNLOAD UPDATE.
- Run the downloaded veeam_backup_9.5.4.XXXX.updateX_setup.exe file to launch the update wizard.
- In the update wizard, click Next.
- Select the Update remote components automatically and click Install.
For information on how to update Veeam Backup & Replication in the unattended mode, see Installing Updates in Unattended Mode.