If you want to remove EC2 instance backups from external repositories, you can use the Delete from disk operation.
Consider the following:
- Data will be removed from the Veeam Backup & Replication console, configuration database and associated Amazon S3 object storage repository.
- Data cannot be removed if the maintenance job is in progress.
- Data cannot be removed if at least one restore session of external repository data is in progress.
- Ownership is not required to remove data from external repositories.
To remove EC2 instance backups from an external repository, do the following:
- Open the Home view.
- In the inventory pane, expand the Backups node and click External.
- In the working area, select a backup or a separate EC2 instance in the backup and click Remove from > Disk on the ribbon.
Alternatively, you can right-click a backup or an EC2 instance and select Delete from disk.