Restoring Microsoft SharePoint Items
To restore Microsoft SharePoint items from a backup or replica of a Microsoft SharePoint Server, Veeam Backup & Replication uses Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint.
Before you restore Microsoft SharePoint items, check requirements and limitations listed in the Planning and Preparation section in the Veeam Backup Explorers User Guide. One of the main requirements is that the backup or replica must be created with application-aware processing enabled.
To launch Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint from Veeam Backup & Replication:
- Open the Home view.
- In the inventory pane, select the Backups or Replicas node.
- In the working area, select the necessary machine in the backup or VM replica and click Application Items > Microsoft SharePoint on the ribbon. Alternatively, right-click the machine or VM replica and select Restore application items > Microsoft SharePoint content.
- In the opened Microsoft SharePoint Item Restore wizard, select a restore point from which you want to restore application items.
Then Veeam Backup & Replication opens Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint. In this explorer, you can view, search, restore Microsoft SharePoint items and so on. The detailed information is provided in the Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint main section of the Veeam Backup Explorers User Guide. For example:
- Information about viewing and searching objects in the backup file is in the Browsing, Searching and Viewing Items section.
- Information about manual adding a database is in the Standalone Databases Management section.
- Information about restoring process is in the Data Restore section.