You can use Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange to restore Microsoft Exchange items from any successfully created backup or replica of a virtualized Microsoft Exchange Server. The backup or replica must be created with application-aware processing enabled and the corresponding options turned on.
To launch Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange from Veeam Backup & Replication:
- Open the Backup & Replication view.
- In the inventory pane, select the Backups or Replicas node.
- In the working area, select the necessary VM in the backup or VM replica and click Application Items > Microsoft Exchange on the ribbon. You can also right-click the VM or VM replica and select Restore application items > Microsoft Exchange items.
- Veeam Backup & Replication will open the Microsoft Exchange Item Level Restore wizard. You can use this wizard to automatically extract the Microsoft Exchange database from the backup or replica and open it in Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange.
Detailed information about preparing your applications for item-level recovery and using with Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange is provided in the Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange help. To open the help, do one of the following:
- Open Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange and press [F1].
- Select Help > Online Help from the main menu of Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange.
- Use the following link: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/explorers/.