Restoring Oracle Items
To restore databases from a backup or replica of an Oracle system, Veeam Backup & Replication uses Veeam Explorer for Oracle.
Before you restore Oracle databases, check requirements and limitations listed in the Planning and Preparation section in the Veeam Backup Explorers User Guide. One of the main requirements is that the backup or replica must be created with application-aware processing enabled.
To launch Veeam Explorer for Oracle from Veeam Backup & Replication:
- Open the Home view.
- In the inventory pane, select the Backups or Replicas node.
- In the working area, select the necessary machine in the backup or VM replica and click Application Items > Oracle on the ribbon. Alternatively, right-click the machine or VM replica and select Restore application items > Oracle databases.
- In the opened Oracle Database Restore wizard, select a restore point from which you want to restore databases.
Then Veeam Backup & Replication opens Veeam Explorer for Oracle. In this explorer, you can view, restore databases and so on. The detailed information is provided in the Veeam Explorer for Oracle main section of the Veeam Backup Explorers User Guide. For example:
- Information about database is in the Viewing Database Information section. Oracle databases cannot be added manually.
- Information about restoring process is in the Data Restore section.