You can use Veeam Explorer for Oracle to restore databases from any successfully created backup or replica of a virtualized Oracle system. The backup or replica must be created with application-aware processing enabled and the corresponding options turned on.
To launch Veeam Explorer for Oracle from Veeam Backup & Replication:
- Open the Home view.
- In the inventory pane, select the Backups or Replicas node.
- In the working area, select the necessary machine in the backup or VM replica and click Application Items > Oracle on the ribbon.
You can also right-click the machine or VM replica and select Restore application items > Oracle databases.
- Veeam Backup & Replication will open the Oracle Database Restore wizard. You can use this wizard to automatically extract the Oracle database from the backup or replica and open it in Veeam Explorer for Oracle.
Detailed information about preparing your applications for item-level recovery and using with Veeam Explorer for Oracle is provided in the Veeam Backup Explorers User Guide. To view the guide, do one of the following:
- Open Veeam Explorer for Oracle and press [F1] on the keyboard.
- Select Help > Online Help from the main menu of Veeam Explorer for Oracle.