Creating File Backup Jobs
To protect files and folders on the file share, you must configure a file backup job. The backup job defines how, where and when to back up data from the file share. One job can be used to process one or more file shares. Jobs can be started manually or scheduled to run automatically at a specific time.
Before you create a file backup job, check prerequisites.
To create a file backup job, use the New File Backup Job wizard:
- Launch the New File Share Backup wizard.
- Specify the job name and description.
- Select files and folders to back up.
- Specify backup repository settings.
- Specify advanced backup settings.
- Specify archive repository settings.
- Specify the secondary target repository.
- Define the job schedule.
- Finish working with the wizard.