Restoring Microsoft Teams Items
To restore Microsoft Teams data from a backup or replica of a Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 server, Veeam Backup & Replication uses Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Teams.
Before you restore Microsoft Teams data, check requirements and limitations listed in the Planning and Preparation section in the Veeam Backup Explorers User Guide. One of the main requirements is that the backup or replica must be created with application-aware processing enabled.
To launch Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Teams from Veeam Backup & Replication:
- Open the Home view.
- In the inventory pane, select the Backups or Replicas node.
- In the working area, select the necessary machine in the backup or VM replica and click Application Items > Microsoft Teams on the ribbon. Alternatively, right-click the machine or VM replica and select Restore application items > Microsoft Teams.
- In the opened Microsoft Teams Files Restore wizard, select a restore point from which you want to restore data.
Then Veeam Backup & Replication opens Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Teams. In this explorer, you can browse, view, restore Microsoft Teams data and so on. The detailed information is provided in the Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Teams main section of the Veeam Backup Explorers User Guide. For example:
- Information about viewing and searching objects in the backup file is in the Browsing, Searching and Viewing Items section.
- Information about adding a database manually is in the Standalone Databases section.
- Information about restoring process is in the Data Restore section.