NetApp Data ONTAP/Lenovo Thinksystem DM Limitations
If you plan to perform operations with NetApp Data ONTAP/Lenovo Thinksystem DM storage snapshots, consider the following limitations:
- Veeam Backup & Replication may fail to perform backup from secondary storage arrays if SVM/volumes have identical names between primary and secondary storage arrays.
- When the storage is added as a specific SVM, and not as a whole cluster, you must set up Aggregation List for vServer so that FlexClone Volume would work properly. Otherwise, errors like this will arise: ‘Cannot create volume. Reason: aggregate aggr1 is not in aggr-list of Vserver svm-dr-nfs.’
- Depending on the protocol type and operating mode of the storage system, Veeam Backup & Replication uses different technologies to perform the following operations:
You may need to install additional licenses. You need to install one license, even if several technologies can be used for snapshot clone creation.
- NetApp FlexGroups are not supported for storage snapshot integration scenarios (including NAS Backup).
- Multi-home restore is not supported for 7-mode.