Prerequisites for Other Storage Systems
[For VMware, Veeam Agent integration]: Before you add storage systems to Veeam Backup & Replication, check the following prerequisites.
- Enable HPE 3PAR Web Services API server. Veeam Backup & Replication uses the HPE 3PAR Web Services API server to work with the HPE StoreServ storage system.
- A license for the HPE 3PAR StoreServ storage system must support HPE 3PAR Virtual Copy.
- Before you add a storage system to the backup infrastructure, make sure that a license for the IBM Spectrum Virtualize storage system supports IBM FlashCopy.
- [For IBM Spectrum Virtualize with HyperSwap function]: If you plan to select secondary storage volumes as a data source for backup, use registry keys. For more information, contact Veeam Support Team.
- You must install the storage system plug-in. For more information, see Installing Storage System Plug-Ins.
- For Fujitsu ETERNUS storage systems, you must obtain and install the Veeam Storage Integration license on the storage system.
The Veeam Storage Integration license is free of charge. You can obtain the license from the Fujitsu website.
- Fujitsu ETERNUS storage plug-in will not work with FIPS policy enabled on the Veeam Backup & Replication server.
- For Tintri IntelliFlash (formerly Western Digital IntelliFlash, Tegile) storage systems, make sure that multiple proxy servers are not part of a single Initiator Group object.
- For DataCore storage plug-in, you must not use commas in the password for the account that you plan to use to access the storage.